- WHY CARE ABOUT MYANMAR?
- WHO WE ARE
Congratulations to our Myanmar 9-1-1 GlobalGiving Challenge raffle winners!
Dr. Richard Hahn: (Grand prize) "Front Line Soldier" (Hkun Li) and "Injured Veterans" (Hkun Li)
Dr. Larry Stock: "Fire Balloon Festival" (Ye Aung Thu) and "Cooling Off" (Hkun Li)
James Leetham "Collecting Water" (Kaung Htet)
Scott McDonald "Jade Picker" (Min Zayar)
(See all the photographs in our Facebook album).
Thanks to the more than 40 donors who supported the GlobalGiving challenge for "Myanmar 9-1-1: Train & Equip Emergency Medic Teams" in March 2014! Because of you CPI secured a permanent spot on the grass-roots GlobalGiving site and raised nearly $7,000 towards our $30,000 goal to strengthen vital emergency response and community-based care in remote, conflict-affected eastern Myanmar.
While the March Challenge and Raffle is over, CPI's Myanmar 9-1-1 project is ongoing! Click the DONATE button below to help!
Donations to CPI's Myanmar 9-1-1 campaign received March 1-31, 2014 qualified for raffle tickets to win one of six beautiful framed photographs by young, award-winning Myanmar photographers. CPI allocated one digital raffle ticket for every US$ 10 donated. (Raffle details below. Please note: we can only mail raffle prizes within the U.S. mainland.)
The Raffle: terms and conditions
This raffle is organized and administered by Community Partners International (CPI) a registered 501(c)(3) in the US, EIN: 94-3375666. All donations via GlobalGiving are tax deductible for U.S. taxpayers.
Raffle tickets are earned through donations to CPI’s Project ‘Myanmar 9-1-1: Train & Equip Emergency Medic Teams’ on GlobalGiving between 1st March (00:00 EDT) and 31st March (11:59 EDT) 2014 only. For every US$10 donated on this platform, the giver will earn one raffle ticket. CPI will confirm the allocation of raffle tickets by email subsequent to the donation.
CPI can only mail prizes to addresses on the US mainland therefore, in order to receive their prizes, winners must provide a U.S. mainland mailing address to which prizes can be sent.
To be eligible to enter the raffle, entrants must:
The prizes consist of the following:
· 16” x 24” Black & White Framed Print of a photograph by Myanmar photographer Hkun Li depicting a soldier form the Kachin Independence Army looking at a photograph of his girlfriend whilst serving on the front lines in Kachin State, Myanmar, May 28, 2009.
Five Runner up prizes:
· 10” x 15” Colour Framed Print of a photograph by Myanmar photographer Ye Aung Thu depicting a competitor carrying a torch to light a hot air balloon during the Taunggyi fire balloon festival in Shan State, Myanmar, November 10, 2013.
· 10” x 15” Black & White Framed Print of a photograph by Myanmar photographer Hkun Li depicting children from Jeyang Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) camp cooling off in a river in Kachin State,Myanmar, April 4, 2012.
· 10” x 15” Colour Framed Print of a photograph by Myanmar photographer Kaung Htet depicting Muslim Rohingya girls collect water at an internally displaced persons(IDP) camp in Sittwe, Myanmar. November 23, 2012.
· 10” x 15” Black & White Framed Print of a photograph by Myanmar photographer Minzayar depicting a hand-picker washing himself after searching for jade through rubble dumped by mining companies at a jade mine in Hpakant township, Kachin State, Myanmar. July 7, 2013.
· 10” x 15” Black & White Framed Print of a photograph by Myanmar photographer Hkun Li depicting men injured by the conflict in Kachin State cut each others' hair in Kachin State, Myanmar, March 28, 2013.
Tickets will be allocated to donations to CPI’s project on GlobalGiving (http://www.globalgiving.org/projects/myanmar-9-1-1-emergency-medics/) during the period 1st March (00:00 EDT) and 31st March (11:59 EDT) 2014 only . The prize draw will take place on the 7th April and prize winners will be informed by email by the end of April.
The closing date is 31st March (11:59 EDT) 2014. No further tickets will be allocated after this date.
The winner will be drawn by an independent person on 7th the April 2014. CPI’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The winner will be notified before the end of April by email. The winners’ names will be announced on the CPI website and Facebook page. Full address details will not be disclosed. Also:
CPI respects, and is committed to protecting your privacy. The personal information you provide will remain private and will only be used for the purposes outlined here.
CPI reserves the right to amend, withdraw or terminate the raffle or alter the raffle at any time without prior notice.