- WHY CARE ABOUT MYANMAR?
- WHO WE ARE
Donate to CPI's campaign to train and equip emergency medic teams in eastern Myanmar by March 31, and you could win one of six beautiful framed photographs by up-and-coming Myanmar photographers! (Two of six at left; see all the photographs in our Facebook album).
Your donation will also help Community Partners International in the GlobalGiving Open Challenge. To qualify for a permanent place on the GlobalGiving grassroots philanthropy site we must raise a minimum of US$ 5,000 from at least 40 unique donors in March, 2014.
To get raffle tickets, click the "DONATE" button to go to CPI's GlobalGiving Project, "Myanmar 9-1-1: Train & Equip Emergency Medic Teams," and make a donation by March 31st, 2014.
CPI will allocate one digital raffle ticket for every US$ 10 that you donate. Once your donation is made we will be in touch to confirm your raffle ticket allocation and numbers. (Raffle details below. Please note: we can only mail raffle prizes within the U.S. mainland.)
The GlobalGiving Challenge and Raffle kicks off CPI's Myanmar 9-1-1 Giving Campaign to raise $30,000 for emergency and critical care in eastern Myanmar's remote and conflict-affected communities. Click the campaign link for more info!
The Raffle: terms and conditions
This raffle is organized and administered by Community Partners International (CPI) a registered 501(c)(3) in the US, EIN: 94-3375666. All donations via GlobalGiving are tax deductible for U.S. taxpayers.
Raffle tickets are earned through donations to CPI’s Project ‘Myanmar 9-1-1: Train & Equip Emergency Medic Teams’ on GlobalGiving between 1st March (00:00 EDT) and 31st March (11:59 EDT) 2014 only. For every US$10 donated on this platform, the giver will earn one raffle ticket. CPI will confirm the allocation of raffle tickets by email subsequent to the donation.
CPI can only mail prizes to addresses on the US mainland therefore, in order to receive their prizes, winners must provide a U.S. mainland mailing address to which prizes can be sent.
To be eligible to enter the raffle, entrants must:
The prizes consist of the following:
· 16” x 24” Black & White Framed Print of a photograph by Myanmar photographer Hkun Li depicting a soldier form the Kachin Independence Army looking at a photograph of his girlfriend whilst serving on the front lines in Kachin State, Myanmar, May 28, 2009.
Five Runner up prizes:
· 10” x 15” Colour Framed Print of a photograph by Myanmar photographer Ye Aung Thu depicting a competitor carrying a torch to light a hot air balloon during the Taunggyi fire balloon festival in Shan State, Myanmar, November 10, 2013.
· 10” x 15” Black & White Framed Print of a photograph by Myanmar photographer Hkun Li depicting children from Jeyang Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) camp cooling off in a river in Kachin State,Myanmar, April 4, 2012.
· 10” x 15” Colour Framed Print of a photograph by Myanmar photographer Kaung Htet depicting Muslim Rohingya girls collect water at an internally displaced persons(IDP) camp in Sittwe, Myanmar. November 23, 2012.
· 10” x 15” Black & White Framed Print of a photograph by Myanmar photographer Minzayar depicting a hand-picker washing himself after searching for jade through rubble dumped by mining companies at a jade mine in Hpakant township, Kachin State, Myanmar. July 7, 2013.
· 10” x 15” Black & White Framed Print of a photograph by Myanmar photographer Hkun Li depicting men injured by the conflict in Kachin State cut each others' hair in Kachin State, Myanmar, March 28, 2013.
Tickets will be allocated to donations to CPI’s project on GlobalGiving (http://www.globalgiving.org/projects/myanmar-9-1-1-emergency-medics/) during the period 1st March (00:00 EDT) and 31st March (11:59 EDT) 2014 only . The prize draw will take place on the 7th April and prize winners will be informed by email by the end of April.
The closing date is 31st March (11:59 EDT) 2014. No further tickets will be allocated after this date.
The winner will be drawn by an independent person on 7th the April 2014. CPI’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The winner will be notified before the end of April by email. The winners’ names will be announced on the CPI website and Facebook page. Full address details will not be disclosed. Also:
CPI respects, and is committed to protecting your privacy. The personal information you provide will remain private and will only be used for the purposes outlined here.
CPI reserves the right to amend, withdraw or terminate the raffle or alter the raffle at any time without prior notice.